- To install Asterisk soft switch in Ubuntu Linux, use this command
sudo apt-get install asterisk
SimpleTrunk is divided into two packages:
- goagent : a web service you need to install in every Asterisk server. It is Linux 64 bit executable. If you want another binary you can recompile the source (Go Language)
- STPanel: Administration portal to control Asterisk servers. You can install it in one Asterisk server, or in any normal server. It will connects to Asterisk servers using STAgent web service.
Before installing STAgent web service, you should install Java and Tomcat:
- Install Java 7 or Above: sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk
- Install tomcat7: sudo apt-get install tomcat7 tomcat7-admin
- Configure tomcat admin user in /etc/tomcat7/tomcat-users.xml, enable user part by removing comment (<1– and –>) from the paragraph, and set a user name, password, and add manager-gui permission to that user:
<user username=”tomcat” password=”mypass” roles=”tomcat,manager-gui”/>
- Restart tomcat : sudo service tomcat7 restart
- run goagent using script file (sudo sh start.sh) it will listen to port 9091
- Open tomcat manager in your browser: http://localhost:8080/manager
- Open STPanel: http://localhost:8080/STPanel, and select admin user and set a password, then login again using that credentials
- Click in (Insert new PBX) Link and add your local STAgent service like below:
- Click at Home tab then select (Local) and start managing Asterisk on that machine.
Note: you can add many asterisk in different servers, in this case you need to run only goagent on that servers, and keep STPanel in the central management server.