- To install Asterisk soft switch in Ubuntu Linux, use this command
sudo apt-get install asterisk
SimpleTrunk is divided into two packages:
- STAgent : a web service you need to install in every Asterisk server
- STPanel: Administration portal to control Asterisk servers. You can install it in one Asterisk server, or in any normal server. It will connects to Asterisk servers using STAgent web service.
Before installing STAgent web service, you should install Java and Tomcat, then configure tomcat to work in root privilege:
- Install Java 7 or Above: sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk
- Install tomcat7: sudo apt-get install tomcat7 tomcat7-admin
- Change user and groob for tomcat7 in /etc/defaults/tomcat7 change from tomcat to root as example below:
- Configure tomcat admin user in /etc/tomcat7/tomcat-users.xml, enable user part by removing comment (<1– and –>) from the paragraph, and set a user name, password, and add manager-gui permission to that user:
<user username=”tomcat” password=”mypass” roles=”tomcat,manager-gui”/>
- Restart tomcat : sudo service tomcat7 restart
- Open tomcat manager in your browser: http://localhost:8080/manager
- Load STAgent.war file and STPanel.war files after downloading them from current site.
- Open STPanel: http://localhost:8080/STPanel, and select admin user and set a password, then login again using that credentials
- Click in (Insert new PBX) Link and add your local STAgent service like below:
- Click at Home tab then select (Local) and start managing Asterisk on that machine.
Note: you can add many asterisk in different servers, in this case you need to install only STAgent on that servers, and keep STPanel in the central management server.